Xerox Art


This project was a ton of fun to make but also very awkward.  I didn't quite get the whole aspect of the project but it was fun putting things together and  creating something with just the creativity that I have and my imagination.  I couldn't just picture something in my head, I had to go with the flow and do whatever I felt was right in the moment.


Prior to this project, I had never used nor heard of a xerox machine in my entire life. I went to the computer lab and looked like a complete doofus trying to figure out how to work it. I looked up videos and asked for help from strangers until I eventually got it down. The awkwardness came in when I had to put my head face first on the Xerox machine and of course the computer lab had to be packed that day. Everyone was just looking at me like I'm crazy, and I had to explain what it was for to whoever happened to ask. I was there for a good 15 minutes just printing parts of my body but it was actually really interesting.


My roommates constantly laugh at my project because it looks like im kissing myself. I plan to keep it up above my bed until The end of the semester. It brings my dull, prison-like room to life and is another piece of art that I can show off in my confinements. I really enjoyed this project because it wasn't as tedious as the others, and it let me use pure creativity and Imagination.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FlipBook Assignment

ART AND TECHNOLOGY FINAL