Pjotr Sapegins Madama Butterfly

      Pjotr Sapegin’s Madama Butterfly animation is a video you would not think to engage in at first glance. It is a perfect example of the saying “never judge a book by its cover” but in this case a film. The story-telling and the visuals in this animation are both unique and beautiful, which gives me an idea of just how passionate Pjotr Sapegin was. 

       Throughout the film I felt myself gradually grow sorrow for Madama and could only imagine what she was feeling. Pjotr did an excellent job of sharing Madamas pain with the viewers, especially when she took her own life. The way he transitions from his clay world to the confinements of his home was a risky move but a genius one at that. It reminded me that this stuff does happen in the real world and not just in films. 

       The anguish in this film definitely outweighs the positives, but in my opinion that’s what makes an opera so beautiful and captivating. Sadness is a major key in operas because without it, lessons can not be learned. After watching this film, I understand the consequences that my actions can have on people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FlipBook Assignment

ASCII ART